Saturday, December 24, 2011

Hollywood Christmas

Our company Christmas party theme was Hollywood Glam - which i really resented, because I was voting for the theme Musicals instead - because I was already planning to go as Annie, haha :)

So for Hollywood glam, I really did not know whom to go as - thankfully, Ron, my boss' sister, suggested I go as Veronica Lake, because of my wavy hair, and she said she could easily style my hair that way in 15 minutes, yay!

So off i prepared searching for the attire to match the look - definitely 40's inspired.

I bought a little black dress at Hip Culture, and then i wanted to buy a black fur collar for the glam effect, but could not find a cheap one, so i decided to just buy a structured bolero with electric pleats, also from Hip Culture.

On the day of the party, while Ron was styling my hair, for some reason, we decided I would go as Dita Von Teese instead :) Which i felt was more fitting, since I had black hair anyway, and my black dress seemed more fitting for the character :)

So here was how I looked vis a vis how Dita Von Teese really looks. Taduh!
Ron really did such a great job!!! If you're interested to have her do your makeup and hair for a party, or wedding, or any ocassion, you can reach her (Ron Maclang) at 0916-5613309.


Dita Von Teese, the original burlesque star in hollywood


Me (as Dita, Ron Maclang version :), the other photo is me with my officemates Geri and Cla


Needless to say, our office party was a success! Everyone really dressed up and we had so much fun :) More photos of who's who in our party here at my officemate Vea's blog.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment