Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Christmas gift list [part 1]

I realized since we spend so many hours inside toy stores that I might as well take that time to start looking for Christmas gifts to buy already - and I thought, why dont I share it with you too!

I know how hunting for gifts for kids, especially when you are on a budget, can get really frustrating - more so if you have to buy for 3 dozen kids composed of your nephews, nieces, god children, your son's or daughter's playmates, classmates, and so on...

My tip when gift buying for kids is not to over analyze. Being some sort of a perfectionist, sometimes I too am so guilty of over-thinking - asking myself questions like - "maybe he has this toy already?", or "maybe she wont like this?", or "isn't he too old for this toy?", or "a lot of people might think of this gift..."... I always want to be the mom who gives cool gifts.

But now I know, we shouldn't be too hard on ourselves when thinking of gifts for kids - because its with kids that the saying "its the thought that counts" holds very true. They really dont care what it is inside - they just want to open their gifts! They don't care if its their 5th slinky or if its a board game they will never play with - they will still appreciate it and will not go anywhere without it, at least for the day, haha. But of course, some really spoiled and bratty kids will be exceptions to this general rule of thumb.

So for the majority of your kiddie Christmas list, here goes part one of my mini best buys list for Christmas, from Toys R Us (Powerplant, Rockwell). All are Php200 and below, and most of it for toddler boys (because I know its harder to buy gifts for boys).

Chuck and Friends mini toy trucks - Php 99.75

Rainbow ball - Php 189.75, Shape sorter - Php 199.75

Wood puzzles - Php 149-189.75

Maisto die cast cars - Php 79.75

Fastlane die cast cars - Php 79.75

Tech deck starter set (for 6yrs old and above) - Php 199.75

Art materials - 12 colored pencils - Php 99.75, 24 colored pencils - Php 159.75, big crayons - Php 129.75,  27 crayons - Php 64.75, scissors - 69.75

Googly worm (that lights up) - Php 159.75

Universe of Imagination clay mini tubs set of 10 - Php 149.75

Universe of Imagination clay tubs (Amazing buy 3 get 1 free deal) - Php 34.75 each


For sure we'll be out this weekend in some mall again so watch out for part 2 of my gift list :)

Start making your Christmas lists now! I know I will!



No comments:

Post a Comment